Day 1 - Dec. 27th
- Panoramic drive through the vineyards of the Golden Mile of Ribera del Duero, where one of the best wines in the world are produced
Upon arrival at the airport you will be welcomed and escorted to a private vehicle. Then you will enjoy a scenic drive to the Spanish countryside across Spain’s world-famous wine region Ribera del Duero.
At the heart of Ribera del Duero in the Golden Mile of this wine region where some of the best wines in the world are produced, the 5-star Hotel Monastery of Valbuena will be your hotel for 3 nights. Located in one the best-preserved Cistercian monastery of the 12th century in Europe. The whole property is a Spanish dream with clean stone walls, French oak floors and Berber rugs throughout, the effect is warm and inviting despite the scale of the property.
You can relax for the rest of the evening at the five-star thermal spa which still draws mineral medicinal water from 1,200-foot-deep aquifer that the monks once used to irrigate the vineyards.
For dinner, you can indulge yourself at the hotel’s gastronomic space which has an exclusive à-la-carte restaurant composed of both traditional and modern cuisine, prepared with the highest quality local products.
Day 2 - Dec. 28th
- A visit to two of the most exclusive wineries in Ribera del Duero
- A Michelin-starred lunch at some of the best restaurants in Spain place in a spectacular winery
After a reinvigorating sleep and a full breakfast with local specialities your expert local guide will take you on a scenic route across the vineyards of this region. You will enjoy a visit to Pago de Carraovejas, one of the most famous wine estates in Spain. The experience begins with a tour of the vineyard, an opportunity to enjoy the exceptional views afforded by the panoramic windows and balconies. Later, in the winery, you will follow the same path the grapes follow through the wine-making process and you will taste a selection of three of Pago de Carraovejas’ wines, accompanied by a singular gastronomic proposal.
For lunch, you will take a seat on the terrace at Pago de Carraovejas, overlooking the 10th century Peñafiel Castle, where you can taste some of the area's best reds. Expect lunch to be lively with spruced-up versions of regional favourites like red-wine-stewed chicken and poached egg with peas.
After lunch you will be driven to Portia Winery, a stunning architectural masterpiece, designed by Norman Foster. Here you will enjoy a guided wine tasting and have the opportunity to view the winery’s impressive building and art gallery.
You will be driven back to your hotel after the visit. You will enjoy a tapas-style dinner at the hotel paired with a selection of local wines.
Day 3 - Dec. 29th
- A private visit to an artisan cheesemaker followed by a guided tasting of some of Spain's moste delicious cheeses
- A private Cooking Class with a professional Chef
After a sumptuous breakfast you will enjoy a scenic drive through the Spanish countryside. We will stop for a visit to traditional cheese-maker where you will learn how cheeses are made the Spanish traditional way. These artisan cheese-makers have been making world-acclaimed cheeses for decades. You will enjoy a cheese tasting guided by the artisan cheese-maker.
After that, you will be driven to a hidden gem, a traditional restaurant in a small village on the back roads of Spain, awarded with a Michelin star where you will enjoy traditional food as its best. With a 3-course a-la-carte menu you will be delighted by authentic slow food with an innovative touch.
Relax in your hotel for the rest of the afternoon and then you will be escorted to discover one of our most popular experiences at “Eat Northern Spain”. A trip through unique & authentic Spanish cooking classes.
After a welcome drink, you will learn the tips & tricks to the perfect paella and Spanish omelette (as seen on this video) but the Chef will also guide you through lesser-known yet equally iconic dishes, like Galician octopus, gazpacho and the most iconic pinchos and tapas you will find at the best bars in Northern Spain.
These private classes provide a fun, social, hands-on experience, where you will be participating in the preparation of the various dishes under the thoughtful guidance of a professional Chef. Everything is designed for accomplished and novice cooks, and there are activities in the food preparation process for every skill level. Ribera del Duero red and Galician white wines are served while you enjoy the meal you just prepared. All our menus can be adapted to accommodate any food restriction you may have.
A perfect evening of gathering with friends and family to eat, drink and be merry – a fundamental part of the fabric of social life in Spain.
Day 4 - Dec. 30th
- A 4x4 drive though "Ribera del Duero" vineyards & a private wine tasting surrounded by ancient vines
- An unforgettable dinner at a Michelin-starred restaurant in the Golden Mile of Ribera del Duero
This morning, you will be transferred to a tranquil haven away from the hustle and bustle of the modern world, Abadia Retuerta wine estate. A hidden gem for a wine lover among the string of exclusive wine estates found along the Duero river that crosses Northern Spain.
You will go for a 4×4 private tour of the estate and the vineyards. You will enjoy a private visit of the most exclusive "terroir" in Ribera del Duero.
After a lovely ride through the vines you will learn how wines are produced inside the winery followed by a guided wine tasting of Abadia Retuerta's famous wines, an unforgettable experience for a wine aficionado.
For lunch, you will be escorted to a local restaurant in a remote village of Ribera del Duero. A hidden gem only locals know about
Day 5 - Dec. 31st
- Visit a traditional asador, and revel in the intense flavors of open-fire slow-cooked roasted lamb.
- Get ready for a scenic drive up to the superb Peñafiel castle. Enjoy the astonishing vistas above the Ribera del Duero vineyards from a stately perspective.
Today is New Year's Eve!!!! This morning, you will have time to relax after a sumptuous breakfast. At midday, you will be driven along the vineyards at the top of a hill where you will discover Peñafiel’s Castle. The commanding views overlook the vineyards, and this is a special moment for anyone who is visiting the region. The full experience of gastronomy is much more than the sublime tastes and flavors of local cuisine and regional wines; it is a complete submersion into the ambience and culture of production.
This journey really takes off when you first sample the signature dish of the region. The slow-cooked lamb dish called Lechazo uses an open flame roasting technique that is over a century old. This main course will accentuate the evening, which begins with some local speciality dishes as complementing appetisers. Such a fine culinary experience would hardly be complete without a superb red wine selected from the best regional vintages.
At the end of this amazing and luxurious luncheon experience, you can stretch your legs before going back to your hotel to use the rest of your day as you wish. Relax at the hotel's spa and indoor pool, or enjoy other activities that are available in the area.
New Year's Eve and farewell dinner will be served at the hotel’s à la carte restaurant as a memorable part of your culinary vacation in Spain.
Day 6 - Jan. 1st
Happy 2022!!!!! This morning you will have time to relax at the hotel after a long night. Later on, you will be met by your driver and escorted to your vehicle for a private transfer to the airport for your return flight home
- about the tour
December 27th 2021 - January 1st 2022
15 people (8 rooms)
What’s included? Everything you need. Plus everything you'd want. Plus a few things you never knew you wanted until you got them.
In a word: everything. In eighty words? A private chauffeur tour guided by an English-speaking local guide, an interesting, fun and like-minded travel companion; authentic and innovative local cuisine; world-class local wines; wine tastings; all victuals and libations; all the endorphins you can handle; new insight; a feeling of total freedom. In short: an extraordinary, hassle-free journey of discovery. Travel at your own pace: Our tailor-made holidays are very flexible, allowing you to start road journeys or sightseeing when you choose – within reason.
- All hotel accommodation
- 5 nights -- RIBERA DEL DUERO - Hotel & Spa Monasterio Valbuena 5*
- Daily breakfast
- All meals at Michelin-starred, signature and traditional restaurants and all other meals as indicated à-la-carte (4 lunches & 5 dinners) with wines and drinks included à-la-carte (no fixed menus, you may choose from each restaurant's public menu what you want to taste)
- All transportation from airport pickup to drop-off in a chauffeured air-conditioned brand-new mini-bus. Your safety and comfort are paramount. You will enjoy touring Northern Spain in safety, comfort and style.
- English speaking guide during the whole trip. Translator services and assistance at restaurants, hotels & experiences. We will break the language barrier for you so you can get the most out of your experiences during your trip.
- All the experiences, visits and activities included in the itinerary.
- 24h concierge service during the whole trip.
- All baggage transportation.
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service.
- All currently applicable taxes.
What’s not included?
- International Flights
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
What to expect
- A laid-back pace with free time to relax
- Plenty of scrumptious local food and wine as well as time to really appreciate the dining experience