AT A GLANCE
Savour Spain one bite at a time during a "pinchos" bar crawl
Follow Gaudí's steps along Northern Spain in Comillas and admire a stunning masterpiece : "El Capricho"
Be inspired by the sights and sounds of Santander, the pearl of the Cantabrian Sea
Savour Northern Spain at one of Spain's best restaurants placed in the middle of nowhere
Be part of an interesting ritual in a fishing town: the fish auction as soon as fishermen arrive to port with the catch of the day
Discover the cider culture in Asturias, and learn how to pour it like a local
Enjoy scrumptious culinary experiences with local products at Michelin-starred restaurants
Relax in style at elegant hotels with amazing views over the Cantabrian Sea
Be amazed by the beauty of Oscar Niemeyer's Cultural Centre in Avilés
- Pinchos evening tour in Santander
We begin our time together in Santander, of the most charming coastal towns in Spain, the pearl of the Cantabrian Sea.
You will relax in a chic hotel which oozes stylish sophistication, bathing you in opulent, contemporary luxury and with commanding breath-taking views over the Cantabrian Sea. It will be the perfect base from which to explore this stunning city.
After you check in at the hotel we'll toast the start of your holiday with a welcome cocktail, followed by a pinchos bar crawl around the old town at the best local bars. That's the perfect way to experience Spain like the locals do.
- Guided visit to Santander Central Market "Mercado de la Esperanza"
- Comillas sightseeing tour & Gaudí's "El Capricho" guided visit
- Cider Bar Crawl paired with local tapas in Ribadesella
After a breakfast of local specialities, we will visit Santander's Central Market, a bustling place where locals gather every day to buy local cheeses, fruits, fish and other local products. We will talk with the producers and you can sample their products.
We then move on to a charming coastal village in the Cantabria region, Comillas. It is home to one of Gaudí's first architectural masterpieces, El Capricho. A mind-blowing building from the world-famous architect.
For lunch you will enjoy a feast for your senses at one of Spain’s best restaurants, Annua, awarded with 2 Michelin stars. As you dine overlooking the sea in this culinary oasis, you'll be taken on a gastronomic journey experiencing the best produce from this stunning region.
After a short trip you will arrive in Ribadesella, a vibrant village with pristine sandy beaches, cliffs and protected natural areas.
You will stay in a beachfront palace, now a luxury hotel. With a beach-side restaurant, elegant rooms and stunning views over the Cantabrian Sea, it is the perfect place to relax.
You are in a region which is the main producer of cider in Spain so the cherry on the cake to this unforgettable day will be an evening cider bar crawl. You will taste apple cider like a local paired with local tapas.
- A visit to the Niemeyer Centre in Avilés, an architectural masterpiece
- Local fishmarket tour and guided fish auction
Your morning will start with an energising walk along the beach in front of the hotel and a sumptuous breakfast overlooking the Cantabrian Sea.
You will then move on to the charming coastal town of Avilés for an injection of sophistication at the Cultural Centre designed by the world-famous Brazilian architect, Oscar Niemeyer. A spectacular architectural masterpiece.
Your adventure will continue at the Michelin-starred, family-run restaurant "Casa Gerardo". This culinary haven, surrounded by pastures, will take you on a gastronomic journey to Northern Spain as you sample world-class dishes from their tasting menu that combine local produce with tradition and innovation.
The coast of Northern Spain is dotted with small fishing communities. During the afternoon I will take you to one of these artisan-fishing ports where you will meet the fishermen as they arrive with their catch of the day. You will then head to the local fish market where you will watch the local restaurateurs bid on the day's catch while learning how and when each type of fish is caught.
With views over the three coastal capes of Busto, Vidío and Peñas, your stylish boutique hotel combines modern and traditional Asturian architecture to create a delightful homely rustic charm.
You will indulge yourself at the hotel's à-la-carte restaurant serving delicious traditional Spanish food.
- A guided stroll along a coastal path by the cliffs
- A visit to a local gourmet shop to buy local delicacies to take home
After a reinvigorating sleep and a scrumptious breakfast of local specialities you can sleep in late or take a relaxing stroll along a coastal path, taking in vistas of the dramatic coastline of this spectacular region.
As your short break comes to an end it is time to stock up on gastronomic treats to take home, so I will take you to a local gourmet shop where you can find the finest local produce: from artisan cheeses created with passion and flair to succulent acorn-fed Iberian Hams and dry-aged Galician Blonde Beef.
A transfer to the airport on time for your flight will be the saddest experience of your memorable stay in Spain.
- about the tour
- go bespoke
This is a Private Tour available all-year-round
2- 12 people (Private Tour: only you & your group travelling together)
What’s included? Everything you need. Plus everything you'd want. Plus a few things you never knew you wanted until you got them.
In a word: everything. In eighty words? A private chauffeur tour guided by an English-speaking local guide, an interesting, fun and like-minded travel companion; authentic and innovative local cuisine; world-class local wines; wine tastings; all victuals and libations; all the endorphins you can handle; new insight; a feeling of total freedom. In short: an extraordinary, hassle-free journey of discovery. Travel at your own pace: Our tailor-made holidays are very flexible, allowing you to start road journeys or sightseeing when you choose – within reason.
- All hotel accommodation
- 1 night -- SANTANDER - Hotel Real 5* GL
- 1 night -- RIBADESELLA -- Hotel Villa Rosario 4*
- 1 night -- LUARCA -- Hotel Boutique 3 Cabos
- Daily breakfast at all the hotels.
- All meals at Michelin-starred, signature and traditional restaurants and all other meals as indicated à-la-carte (2 lunches & 3 dinners) with wines and drinks included à-la-carte (no fixed menus, you may choose from each restaurant's public menu what you want to taste).
- All transportation from airport pickup to drop-off in a chauffeured air-conditioned brand-new vehicle: Mercedes Class E, V or luxury minibus. Your safety and comfort are paramount. You will enjoy touring Northern Spain in safety, comfort and style.
- English speaking guide during the whole trip. Translator services and assistance at restaurants, hotels & experiences. We will break the language barrier for you so you can get the most out of your experiences during your trip.
- All the experiences, visits and activities included in the itinerary.
- 24h concierge service during the whole trip.
- All baggage transportation.
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service.
- All currently applicable taxes.
What’s not included?
- International Flights
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
What to expect
- A laid-back pace with free time to relax
- Plenty of scrumptious local food and wine as well as time to really appreciate the dining experience
Do you want to change anything of the trip to fit your needs?
More days, different accommodation, some other food you would like to try...?
No problem. You will have a custom trip designed exactly to your interests. Like a tailor making a bespoke suit, it will fit you perfectly.
We work to plan your dreamed trip. Click below, pick your dates, your group size and tell us what do you want to experience in Spain with us. We will exceed your expectations. Promise.