Ribera del Duero in Spain, a paradise for wine and food lovers. Combine it with Burgos's World Heritage sites and Santander's impressive coastline and you will discover the magical Northern Spain only locals know.
RIBERA DEL DUERO IN SPAIN TOUR AT A GLANCE
Brush shoulders with the locals during tapas & pinchos bar crawls and enjoy the best local bites
Picture yourself scouring markets for the freshest ingredients
Be inspired by the sights and sounds of Santander, the pearl of the Cantabrian Sea
Discover the secrets of Spain's world-famous wine region Ribera del Duero
Sleep in style at 12th century medieval abbey turned world-class hotel surrounded by vineyards
Travel back in time in Burgos, an ancient town at the heart of the "Camino de Santiago" pilgrimage route
Savour scrumptious culinary experiences with local products at Michelin-starred restaurants
Enjoy a countryside picnic in the middle of the vineyards of Ribera del Duero
Be amazed by the beauty of one of the best Cathedrals in the world in Burgos
- Pinchos evening tour in Santander
We begin our time together in Santander, a charming coastal town in Spain, the pearl of the Cantabrian Sea.
You will relax in a chic hotel which oozes stylish sophistication, bathing you in opulent, contemporary luxury and with commanding breath-taking views over the Cantabrian Sea. It will be the perfect base from which to explore this stunning city.
After you check in at the hotel you'll toast the start of your holiday with a welcome cocktail, followed by a "pinchos" bar crawl around the old town at the best local bars. That's the perfect way to experience Spain like the locals do.
- Guided visit to Santander Central Market "Mercado de la Esperanza"
After a breakfast of local specialities, you will visit Santander's Central Market, a bustling place where locals gather every day to buy local cheeses, fruits, fish and other local products. We will talk with the producers and you will have the opportunity to sample their products.
After the visit you will explore Santander by foot, by boat, or you would simply relax on an unspoilt beach for the rest of the morning.
At lunchtime, you will enjoy a feast for your senses at one of Spain’s best restaurants, the 2-Michelin-starred "Cenador de Amós". Every dish is lovingly prepared using the freshest local ingredients and served with pairing wines that enhance the flavour of each dish. The result is an unforgettable culinary explosion of flavours and textures.
After a day full of emotions we will say goodbye to the Cantabrian Sea and I will drive you south by a scenic road to our next stop, Burgos, a historic town at the heart of the "Camino de Santiago" pilgrimage route
A magnificent 14th-century medieval castle awaits you. Sensitively renovated, its stone staircases, opulent ceilings, and luxurious rooms will make you feel like royalty as soon as you check in. You will enjoy delicious local cuisine at the hotel's famous traditional restaurant.
- A guided visit inside Burgos Cathedral, an architectural masterpiece
- A delicious tapas bar crawl at Burgos old town
- Panoramic drive through the vineyards of the Golden Mile of Ribera del Duero, where some of the best wines in the world are produced
Your morning starts with a sumptuous breakfast and a walking tour of Burgos historic old town.
You will be amazed by the beauty of Burgos’ 13th-century Gothic Cathedral, generally acknowledged to be one of the greatest architectural masterpieces of Spain.
For lunch you will go on a tapas bar crawl around the Cathedral. You will sample the best tapas around – relaxed dining at its best.
After you get full of delicious small bites I will drive you to your next stop: Spain's world-famous wine region Ribera del Duero.
Enjoy breath-taking views as we drive through the vineyards of Ribera del Duero in Spain, discover its world-famous wineries along the "Golden Mile" of this wine region where some of the best wines in the world are produced.
You will be welcomed to Abadia Retuerta Le Domaine, a hidden gem for a wine lover among the string of exclusive wine estates found along the Duero river that crosses Northern Spain. A beloved 12th century medieval abbey carefully restored and turned into a world-class five-star hotel surrounded by vineyards.
After you check in, you can enjoy a glass of wine looking out over the vineyards at sunset from the comfort of your own room.
At the hotel’s Michelin-starred restaurant you will enjoy a spectacular dining experience full of flavourful surprises paired with the winery’s best wines, all in a spectacular setting.
- An 4x4 drive though the vineyards and a picnic with local products surrounded by ancient vines
After a reinvigorating sleep, you will go for a 4×4 private tour of the estate and the vineyards. After a lovely ride through the vines you will learn how wines are produced inside the winery followed by a guided wine tasting of Abadia Retuerta's famous wines.
You will enjoy a countryside picnic with local products and wine at one of the most exclusive "terroirs". Ribera del Duero in Spain is a region with a unique climate for the Spanish grape "tempranillo". You will learn all the secrets and techniques of wine making in the area.
After a morning surrounded by vineyards you can enjoy a relaxing time at the magnificent Hotel Spa and outdoor pool.
A transfer to the airport in time for your flight home will be the saddest experience of your memorable stay in Northern Spain.
- about the tour
- go bespoke
This is a Private Tour available all-year-round
2- 12 people (Private Tour: only you & your group travelling together)
Santander / Bilbao airport
What’s included? Everything you need. Plus everything you'd want. Plus a few things you never knew you wanted until you got them.
In a word: everything. In eighty words? A private chauffeur tour guided by an English-speaking local guide, an interesting, fun and like-minded travel companion; authentic and innovative local cuisine; world-class local wines; wine tastings; all victuals and libations; all the endorphins you can handle; new insight; a feeling of total freedom. In short: an extraordinary, hassle-free journey of discovery. Travel at your own pace: Our tailor-made holidays are very flexible, allowing you to start road journeys or sightseeing when you choose – within reason.
- All hotel accommodation
- 1 night -- SANTANDER -- Gran Hotel Real 5*
- 1 night -- BURGOS -- Hotel Landa 5*
- 1 night -- RIBERA DEL DUERO -- Abadia Retuerta LeDomaine 5* GL
- Daily breakfast at all the hotels.
- All meals at Michelin-starred, signature and traditional restaurants and all other meals as indicated à-la-carte (2 lunches & 3 dinners) with wines and drinks included à-la-carte (no fixed menus, you may choose from each restaurant's public menu what you want to taste).
- All transportation from airport pickup to drop-off in a chauffeured air-conditioned brand-new vehicle: Mercedes Class E, V or luxury minibus. Your safety and comfort are paramount. You will enjoy touring Northern Spain in safety, comfort and style.
- English speaking guide during the whole trip. Translator services and assistance at restaurants, hotels & experiences. We will break the language barrier for you so you can get the most out of your experiences during your trip.
- All the experiences, visits and activities included in the itinerary.
- 24h concierge service during the whole trip.
- All baggage transportation.
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service.
- All currently applicable taxes.
What’s not included?
- International Flights
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
What to expect
- A laid-back pace with free time to relax
- Plenty of scrumptious local food and wine as well as time to really appreciate the dining experience
Lookin for a longer holiday in Spain? Please have a look at our Bespoke Tour sections where you will find longer ready-to-book tours with the best experiences in Spain & Portugal. Click below.