- Panoramic drive through the vineyards of the Golden Mile of Ribera del Duero, where one of the best wines in the world are produced
Upon arrival at the airport you will be welcomed and escorted to a private vehicle. Then you will enjoy a scenic drive to the Spanish countryside across Spain’s world-famous wine region Ribera del Duero.
At the heart of Ribera del Duero in the Golden Mile of this wine region where some of the best wines in the world are produced, the 5-star Hotel Monastery of Valbuena will be your hotel for 3 nights. Located in one the best-preserved Cistercian monastery of the 12th century in Europe. The whole property is a Spanish dream with clean stone walls, French oak floors and Berber rugs throughout, the effect is warm and inviting despite the scale of the property.
You can relax for the rest of the evening at the five-star thermal spa which still draws mineral medicinal water from 1,200-foot-deep aquifer that the monks once used to irrigate the vineyards.
For dinner, you can indulge yourself at the hotel’s gastronomic space which has an exclusive à-la-carte restaurant composed of both traditional and modern cuisine, prepared with the highest quality local products.
- A visit to two of the most exclusive wineries in Ribera del Duero
- A private evening transfer to enjoy an unforgettable dinner at Michelin-star restaurant placed in a historic building
After a reinvigorating sleep and a full breakfast with local specialities your expert local guide will take you on a scenic route across the vineyards of this region. You will enjoy a visit to Pago de Carraovejas, one of the most famous wine estates in Spain. The experience begins with a tour of the vineyard, an opportunity to enjoy the exceptional views afforded by the panoramic windows and balconies. Later, in the winery, you will follow the same path the grapes follow through the wine-making process and you will taste a selection of three of Pago de Carraovejas’ wines, accompanied by a singular gastronomic proposal.
For lunch, you will take a seat on the terrace at Pago de Carraovejas, overlooking the 10th century Peñafiel Castle, where you can taste some of the area's best reds. Expect lunch to be lively with spruced-up versions of regional favorites like red-wine-stewed chicken and poached egg with peas.
After lunch you will be driven to Portia Winery, a stunning architectural masterpiece, designed by Norman Foster. Here you will enjoy a guided wine tasting and have the opportunity to view the winery’s impressive building and art gallery.
- A 4x4 drive though "Ribera del Duero"vineyards & a picnic with local products surrounded by ancient vines
- A panoramic drive up to Peñafiel's castle with commanding views over the vineyards of Ribera del Duero
This morning, you will be transferred to a tranquil haven away from the hustle and bustle of the modern world, Abadia Retuerta wine estate. A hidden gem for a wine lover among the string of exclusive wine estates found along the Duero river that crosses Northern Spain.
You will go for a 4×4 private tour of the estate and the vineyards. You will enjoy a countryside picnic with local products and wine surrounded by vineyards in one of the most exclusive "terroirs" in Ribera del Duero.
After a lovely ride through the vines you will learn how wines are produced inside the winery followed by a guided wine tasting of Abadia Retuerta's famous wines, an unforgettable experience for a wine aficionado.
You will be transferred a romantic eatery housed in an old farmhouse, La Botica de Matapozuelos, a family-owned Michelin-starred restaurant. You may associate the foraging trend with Nordic cuisine, but this part of Spain has also started weaving in fresh-from-the-forest ingredients like pine. The talented Chef picks pine cones and pine nuts from the surrounding forests and crafts them into its cuisine. Choose from a list of over 150 wines sourced across from Rueda and Ribera del Duero while sampling classic fare like wood-roasted lamb, served alongside more artistic culinary creations like ravioli of rooster with toasted pine nuts.
In the evening you will be driven along the vineyards at the top of a hill where you will discover Peñafiel’s Castle. After a visit of the building you will have the chance to enjoy a glass of wine overlooking a breath-taking sunset over the vineyards.
This morning you will have time to relax at the hotel and enjoy its world-class Spa. Later on, you will be met by your driver and escorted to your vehicle for a private transfer to the airport for your return flight home or to the rail station to continue your trip.
- about the tour
- go bespoke
This is a Private Tour available all-year-round
2- 12 people (Private Tour: only you & your group travelling together)
What’s included? Everything you need. Plus everything you'd want. Plus a few things you never knew you wanted until you got them.
In a word: everything. In eighty words? A private chauffeur tour guided by an English-speaking local guide, an interesting, fun and like-minded travel companion; authentic and innovative local cuisine; world-class local wines; wine tastings; all victuals and libations; all the endorphins you can handle; new insight; a feeling of total freedom. In short: an extraordinary, hassle-free journey of discovery. Travel at your own pace: Our tailor-made holidays are very flexible, allowing you to start road journeys or sightseeing when you choose – within reason.
- All hotel accommodation
- 3 nights -- RIBERA DEL DUERO - Hotel & Spa Monasterio Valbuena 5*
- Daily breakfast
- All meals at Michelin-starred, signature and traditional restaurants and all other meals as indicated à-la-carte (2 lunches & 3 dinners) with wines and drinks included à-la-carte (no fixed menus, you may choose from each restaurant's public menu what you want to taste)
- All transportation from airport pickup to drop-off in a chauffeured air-conditioned brand-new vehicle: Mercedes Class E, V or luxury minibus. Your safety and comfort are paramount. You will enjoy touring Northern Spain in safety, comfort and style.
- English speaking guide during the whole trip. Translator services and assistance at restaurants, hotels & experiences. We will break the language barrier for you so you can get the most out of your experiences during your trip.
- All the experiences, visits and activities included in the itinerary.
- 24h concierge service during the whole trip.
- All baggage transportation.
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service.
- All currently applicable taxes.
What’s not included?
- International Flights
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
What to expect
- A laid-back pace with free time to relax
- Plenty of scrumptious local food and wine as well as time to really appreciate the dining experience
Do you want to change anything of the trip to fit your needs?
More days, different accommodation, some other food you would like to try...?
No problem. You will have a custom trip designed exactly to your interests. Like a tailor making a bespoke suit, it will fit you perfectly.
We work to plan your dreamed trip. Click below, pick your dates, your group size and tell us what do you want to experience in Spain with us. We will exceed your expectations. Promise.