Galicia Camino de Santiago Tour in 4 Days : discover Spain's most beautiful region out of the crowds... pristine beaches, thousands of years of history and the best food in the country
GALICIA CAMINO DE SANTIGO TOUR AT A GLANCE
Imagine yourself sleeping in two of the most iconic hotels in Spain.
Discover one of the most beautiful wine regions in Spain, "Ribeira Sacra", with terraced vineyards carved into steep slopes.
Explore Rias Baixas, Spain's main supplier of seafood & shellfish.
Brush shoulders with the locals during an early morning visit to Santiago's farmers market
Immerse yourself into a unique atmosphere in Santiago de Compostela where hundreds of pilgrims arrive every day.
Savour Spain's tastiest destination at Michelin-starred restaurants offering innovative creations with local products.
Leave the everyday behind and chat with local fishermen while they bring the catch of the day to port.
Come on board to visit mussel farms along the coast and learn how mussels, scallops and oysters grow at the "Rias Baixas".
Be inspired by the beauty of Santiago de Compostela's Gothic Cathedral, a stunning architectural masterpiece.
- Guided stroll around old monasteries hidden in a forest of chestnut trees by the river Sil
We begin our time together on this Galicia Camino de Santiago Tour with a scenic drive to Ribeira Sacra: a sacred land of wines and a paradise for wine lovers.
Ribeira Sacra, at the heart of Galicia in Northern Spain, has one of the biggest concentrations in Europe of cultural heritage dated from the 12th century. A stroll around old monasteries in the middle of a forest of chestnut trees by the River Sil will be an inspiring activity for a sunny afternoon.
At the end of the day, you will retire to the contemporary elegance of your hotel; a converted monastery that dates back to the 7th century. This peaceful retreat combines ancient beauty with luxury hotel service and stunning boutique rooms.
You will be delighted with delicious Galician cuisine at the hotel's spectacular restaurant located in what was once the monastery stables.
- Guided Boat Cruise along the river Sil surrounded by vineyards
- A guided walk along the terraces where the vines grow and a wine tasting in one of the best wineries in Ribeira Sacra.
- A tour inside Santiago de Compostela's impressive Gothic Cathedral
After a breakfast of local specialities in one of the hotel's incredible cloisters you will see the area from a different perspective. You will visit a winery in the area with a privileged situation high at the top of the banks of the river Sil. After a lovely walk through the vines you will learn how wines are produced inside the winery.
After marvelling at the breathtaking views of the River Sil Canyon, you will take a cruise along its still waters.
As you journey along the river, you will learn how wines are produced from the vineyards that stretch along the terraces above you, and then transported by boat to be transformed into wine.
After a delicious local lunch in a family-run restaurant you will say goodbye to the Ribeira Sacra and you will be driven to Santiago de Compostela, the capital of the Galicia region, Northern Spain’s most iconic city. This UNESCO Heritage Site is the final stop on the epic Camino de Santiago pilgrimage trail; its unique atmosphere, history and cobbled streets draw thousands of visitors each year.
You will enjoy a tour inside Santiago's world famous Gothic Cathedral, and the culmination of the Camino de Santiago for hundreds of pilgrims who arrive everyday to hug Apostle Santiago.
For dinner, you will experience a unique and highly personal dining experience that takes you behind the scenes. Taking your seat in the Chef’s kitchen, you’ll relish this Michelin-starred culinary treat. Enjoy a conversation with your Chef as he prepares and cooks your tailored tasting menu in front of you.
After dining in style, it’s time to retire to the world’s oldest hotel. Situated in Santiago de Compostela's main square, in front of the Cathedral, this 15th-century hotel will wrap you in opulent luxury, the cherry on the cake for this Galicia Camino de Santiago Tour.
- An early morning visit to Santiago de Compostela's lively farmers' market to discover local delicacies
- A guided walk along white-sand pristine beaches for a relaxing afternoon
After a reinvigorating sleep, you will savour a sumptuous breakfast with breath-taking views of Santiago de Compostela's Gothic Cathedral.
You will experience an early morning culinary tour of the central farmers' market where colours and aromas combine to create an intoxicating gastronomic experience. There you will find only the most succulent fruit and vegetables, freshest seafood, Galician octopus and the world famous dry-aged Galician Blond Beef.
A short-drive out of Santiago de Compostela will transport you to a spectacular paradise of pristine beaches and charming coastal villages : Rias Baixas, Spain's biggest supplier of shellfish and seafood.
You will enjoy a gastronomic journey at one of the best restaurants in Spain as you sample world-class dishes from its tasting menu that combine local produce with tradition and innovation.
After an unforgettable meal, you will relax in a pristine withe-sand beach before checking in to a spectacular waterfront hotel & spa where you can be watching fishermen bring the catch of the day to port from the comfort of your own room.
- Boat tour to visit the "bateas" (mussel, scallop & oyster farms) with mussels & oysters tasting on board paired with local white wine
Your morning will start with a mouth-watering breakfast with a view. After that, you can enjoy a relaxing time in the hotel spa and outdoor pool.
You will also enjoy a boat cruise along the estuary to learn how mussels, scallops and oysters are cultivated in farms along the coast. During the trip you will visit one of these farms called "bateas" and you will sample on board mussels & oysters paired with local white wine.
You will then be driven to the airport in time for your flight home after an unforgettable holiday in Galicia Camino de Santiago.
- about the tour
- go bespoke
This is a Private Tour available all-year-round
2- 12 people (Private Tour: only you & your group travelling together)
Santiago de Compostela's airport
Santiago de Compostela's airport
What’s included? Everything you need. Plus everything you'd want. Plus a few things you never knew you wanted until you got them.
In a word: everything. In eighty words? A private chauffeur tour guided by an English-speaking local guide, an interesting, fun and like-minded travel companion; authentic and innovative local cuisine; world-class local wines; wine tastings; all victuals and libations; all the endorphins you can handle; new insight; a feeling of total freedom. In short: an extraordinary, hassle-free journey of discovery. Travel at your own pace: Our tailor-made holidays are very flexible, allowing you to start road journeys or sightseeing when you choose – within reason.
- All hotel accommodation
- 1 night -- RIBEIRA SACRA -- Parador de Santo Estevo 4*
- 1 night -- SANTIAGO DE COMPOSTELA -- Parador de los Reyes Católicos 5* GL
- 1 night -- RIAS BAIXAS -- Gran Hotel La Toja 5*
- Daily breakfast at all the hotels.
- All meals at Michelin-starred, signature and traditional restaurants and all other meals as indicated à-la-carte (2 lunches & 3 dinners) with wines and drinks included à-la-carte (no fixed menus, you may choose from each restaurant's public menu what you want to taste).
- All transportation from airport pickup to drop-off in a chauffeured air-conditioned brand-new vehicle: Mercedes Class E, V or luxury minibus. Your safety and comfort are paramount. You will enjoy touring Northern Spain in safety, comfort and style.
- English speaking guide during the whole trip. Translator services and assistance at restaurants, hotels & experiences. We will break the language barrier for you so you can get the most out of your experiences during your trip.
- All the experiences, visits and activities included in the itinerary.
- 24h concierge service during the whole trip.
- All baggage transportation.
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service.
- All currently applicable taxes.
What’s not included?
- International Flights
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
What to expect
- A laid-back pace with free time to relax
- Plenty of scrumptious local food and wine as well as time to really appreciate the dining experience
Do you want to change anything of the trip to fit your needs?
More days, different accommodation, some other food you would like to try...?
No problem. You will have a custom trip designed exactly to your interests. Like a tailor making a bespoke suit, it will fit you perfectly.
We work to plan your dreamed trip. Click below, pick your dates, your group size and tell us what do you want to experience in Spain with us. We will exceed your expectations. Promise.