Picos de Europa luxury private tour in 4 days. Our most awarded tour in the first National Park in Spain...
PICOS DE EUROPA LUXURY TOUR AT A GLANCE
Overcome your fear of heights with a cable car ride up to 1.800 metres above sea level
Be amazed by the beauty of the first National Park in Spain
Discover the authentic "Jamón Ibérico" in a picnic with a stunning mountain backdrop
Savour local food with an innovative touch at the best restaurants in the region
Be prepared for some extraordinary wildlife encounters
Travel back in time while you sleep in a former monastery now turned historic hotel
Indulge yourself in a hot spring hotel at the heart of Picos de Europa
Picture yourself pouring cider like a local during a cider house crawl paired with delicious local tapas
Discover the artisan cheese-making techniques of one of the best cheeses in Europe
We begin our time together with a scenic drive from the airport to the gates of "Picos de Europa" the oldest and most spectacular National Park in Spain.
You will be welcomed to a hot spring hotel hidden in the mountains. A tranquil haven that will boost your spirit after your flight and will help you reconnect with nature with all the comforts of an upscale hotel. The perfect place from where to start exploring this magnificent National Park.
You will indulge yourself at the hotel's à-la-carte restaurant which offers a selection of traditional local dishes.
- A scenic cable car ride up to a height of 1.823 metres above sea level
- A guided hiking route with jaw-dropping views
- A gourmet picnic surrounded by impressive peaks
The next morning after a delicious breakfast with local specialities you will enjoy a spectacular cable car ride up to a height of 1.823 metres above sea level, an ascent of more than 700 metres.
The view from this point is probably one of the most outstanding views of a mountain range in the world, dusted with snow on their peaks.
You will go for a guided hike around the top cable car station to get close to some of the magnificent peaks. There are many stunning hiking trails to follow, you will enjoy the best one for your current fitness level, all you have to do is to enjoy the views and the experience of hiking and breathing fresh air.
During the hike, you will enjoy a gourmet picnic with ham, cheese, homemade bread and wine surrounded by magnificent mountains. An unforgettable experience for a nature lover.
You will then be driven to another gate of Picos de Europa National Park: Asturias. A former monastery now turned luxury hotel at an idyllic setting will be your home for the night.
You will have time to relax at the hotel just before you enjoy a culinary experience that you will treasure forever. You will discover the magic of a Michelin-starred restaurant where tradition meets innovation.
At “El Corral del Indianu” you will sample a mouth-watering tasting menu, prepared with care, imagination and the finest seasonal ingredients from Northern Spain such as squid, wild salmon, free range chicken, Iberico ham croquettes and sparkling-fresh vegetables.
- A scenic drive up to "Covadonga Lakes" following the route of the bicycle race "La Vuelta"
- A cider house crawl paired with local tapas. You will learn how pour cider like a local.
After a reinvigorating sleep, a delicious breakfast will be waiting for you to recharge your batteries.
You will start the day with a morning drive through a scenic road up to "Covadonga Lakes", one of the most beautiful spots in "Picos de Europa". The road ascending to the lakes is a popular climb in professional road bicycle racing, and the most important climb in the Spanish multi-stage bicycle race "La Vuelta".
You will enjoy jaw-dropping views along the way. The "Covadonga Lakes" is a postcard-perfect valley with two glacial lakes. Goats, sheep, and cows roam freely around the lakes. Artisan cheesemakers make in this remote place one of the best cheeses in the world, "Gamoneu".
For lunch you will enjoy one of the most memorable meals of your life at “Casa Marcial”, a family-run restaurant awarded with two Michelin stars.
“Casa Marcial” is what you find when you get lost in Asturias, the kind of place where you would stop for an accidental lunch and luck into the meal of your life. A lesson on the connection between landscape and cuisine, an edible and emotional journey through Asturias’ orchards, cheese caves, pastures and coastline.
An authentic fine dining experience where you will savour tradition and you will experience innovation at an idyllic place.
A hidden gem, a five-star resort tucked into Asturias’ rolling hills will be the perfect place to relax at the end of an unforgettable day full of emotions.
But just before you retire to the comfort of your own room, you will taste apple cider like a local paired with local tapas. You are in a region which is the main producer of cider in Spain so the cherry on the cake to this unforgettable day will be an evening cider bar crawl.
- A guided visit to an artisan cheesemaker
- A visit to a local gourmet shop to buy local delicacies to take home
Your morning will start with a mouth-watering breakfast with a view.
Picos de Europa is home to two of the best artisan cheeses in the world: "Cabrales" & "Gamoneu". You will visit an artisan cheesemaker and the caves where they are aged to learn the whole process of cheesemaking in this region.
As your short break comes to an end it is time to stock up on gastronomic treats to take home, so you will visit a local gourmet shop where you can find the finest local produce: from artisan cheeses created with passion and flair to succulent acorn-fed Iberian Hams and dry-aged Galician Blonde Beef.
A transfer to the airport on time for your flight will be the saddest experience of your memorable stay in Spain.
- about the tour
- go bespoke
This is a Private Tour available all-year-round
2- 12 people (Private Tour: only you & your group travelling together)
Santander / Bilbao airport
Santander / Bilbao airport
What’s included? Everything you need. Plus everything you'd want. Plus a few things you never knew you wanted until you got them.
In a word: everything. In eighty words? A private chauffeur tour guided by an English-speaking local guide, an interesting, fun and like-minded travel companion; authentic and innovative local cuisine; world-class local wines; wine tastings; all victuals and libations; all the endorphins you can handle; new insight; a feeling of total freedom. In short: an extraordinary, hassle-free journey of discovery. Travel at your own pace: Our tailor-made holidays are very flexible, allowing you to start road journeys or sightseeing when you choose – within reason.
- All hotel accommodation
- 1 night -- Hotel Balneario La hermida 4*
- 1 night -- Parador Cangas Onís 4*
- 1 night -- Pueblo Astur Eco-Resort 5*
- Daily breakfast at all the hotels.
- All meals at Michelin-starred, signature and traditional restaurants and all other meals as indicated à-la-carte (2 lunches & 3 dinners) with wines and drinks included à-la-carte (no fixed menus, you may choose from each restaurant's public menu what you want to taste).
- All transportation from airport pickup to drop-off in a chauffeured air-conditioned brand-new vehicle: Mercedes Class E, V or luxury minibus. Your safety and comfort are paramount. You will enjoy touring Northern Spain in safety, comfort and style.
- English speaking guide during the whole trip. Translator services and assistance at restaurants, hotels & experiences. We will break the language barrier for you so you can get the most out of your experiences during your trip.
- All the experiences, visits and activities included in the itinerary.
- 24h concierge service during the whole trip.
- All baggage transportation.
- All gratuities for baggage, porters and hotel service.
- All currently applicable taxes.
What’s not included?
- International Flights
- Medical Travel Insurance
- Personal expenses
What to expect
- A laid-back pace with free time to relax
- Plenty of scrumptious local food and wine as well as time to really appreciate the dining experience
Do you want to change anything of the trip to fit your needs?
More days, different accommodation, some other food you would like to try...?
No problem. You will have a custom trip designed exactly to your interests. Like a tailor making a bespoke suit, it will fit you perfectly.
We work to plan your dreamed trip. Click below, pick your dates, your group size and tell us what do you want to experience in Spain with us. We will exceed your expectations. Promise.